After a dramatic victory in the British Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton has closed the gap on championship leader Max Verstappen to just eight points.
Hamilton and Verstappen crashed on the opening lap with the Red Bull driver’s race ending in the barriers before a trip to the hospital.
After closing the gap in Great Britain, Lewis Hamilton will be hoping to take the championship lad heading into the summer break. And he will do so from pole position after beating Valtteri Bottas and Max Verstappen at the Hungaroring on Saturday.
When is it?
With practice and qualifying all done and dusted. The Hungarian Grand Prix itself is on Sunday, August 1.
What time does it start?
The race is at 2pm on Sunday.
What were the positions in qualifying?
- Lewis Hamilton (Gbr) Mercedes GP 1min 15.419secs
- Valtteri Bottas (Fin) Mercedes GP 1:15.734
- Max Verstappen (Ned) Red Bull 1:15.840
- Sergio Perez (Mex) Red Bull 1:16.421
- Pierre Gasly (Fra) Scuderia AlphaTauri 1:16.483
- Lando Norris (Gbr) McLaren 1:16.489
- Charles Leclerc (Mon) Ferrari 1:16.496
- Esteban Ocon (Fra) Alpine 1:16.653
- Fernando Alonso (Spa) Alpine 1:16.715
- Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Aston Martin 1:16.750
- Daniel Ricciardo (Aus) McLaren 1:16.871
- Lance Stroll (Can) Aston Martin 1:16.893
- Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Alfa Romeo Racing 1:17.564
- Antonio Giovinazzi (Ita) Alfa Romeo Racing 1:17.583
- Carlos Sainz Jr (Spa) Ferrari. 1:16.649
- Yuki Tsunoda (Jpn) Scuderia AlphaTauri 1:17.919
- George Russell (Gbr) Williams 1:17.944
- Nicholas Latifi (Can) Williams 1:18.036
- Nikita Mazepin (Raf) Haas F1 1:18.922
- Mick Schumacher (Ger) Haas F1 No Time Set
What are the championship standings after 10 rounds?
Drivers’ top 10: